Our client, based in Centurion, Gauteng, whose business specialises in the provision of IT Solutions to Product Development and Manufacturing companies is looking to hire Sales Interns X 5, to join their Sales team on a 12 months' fixed-term Internship. The client is a South African based business specialising in the provision of IT Solutions to Product Development and Manufacturing companies.
With over 25 years industry experience, our client has built an impressive customer base, including industry giants such as Transnet, Denel and Bell Equipment. They pride themselves in partnering with local businesses to help them elevate not only themselves, but the African continent to greater heights. Their IT Solutions are largely supplied by their American partner, PTC, a world leader in CAD, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) Solutions, as well as Augmented Reality.
- Do you have a passion for selling?
- Are you a fast learner with excellent communication skills and a knack for business?
- Have a tertiary qualification in business, technology, science or engineering?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to make your mark, demonstrate your capabilities?
- Wanting to learn about B2B selling?
Main Purpose of the Sales Intern roles:
Understudy experienced Sales employees in order to:
- Gain invaluable practical and theoretical knowledge in Solution Selling and practical sales business;
- Earn commission upon meeting the required targets;
- Structured work experience supervised by a professional in the field;
- Safe environment to develop professional skills;
- Opportunity to grow a professional network.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Support Business Unit Managers with sales related tasks;
- Prospect, Qualify and take through to close new customers;
- Service and maintain relationships with existing small customer base to ensure maximum retention and identifying potential;
- Prospect for additional business opportunities thereof while reducing the cost of managing small business and increasing potential revenue.
- Ensuring timeous renewal of support maintenance;
- Establish and maintain customer relationship in a professional and corporate manner thereby ensuring that the P1 brand image is enhanced in the industry;
- Manage all customer enquiries through phone calls and emails;
- Manage all customer issues and resolve all complaints effectively;
- Winning back lost customers and rebuilding the relationship thereof.
- Sell software to new small businesses;
- Identify and generate new opportunities with existing customers;
- Logging customer Activities and Opportunities;
- Provide reports at the frequency and at the required level as may be agreed and requested from time to time.
- In conjunction with Marketing Department, carry out and drive marketing and sales campaigns
- BCom/ BTech in Business Management/ Business Science/ BCom in Marketing with Sales/ BCom in Information Technology or BCom in Industrial/ Mechanical Engineering. All these qualifications must include some moodules or subjects in IT;
- Applicants must demonstrate a passion and interest in Sales;
- Must be fluent in English with excellent communication skills (written & verbal, including telephone skills) and the ability to communicate effectively across all organisational levels;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in Technology or Software applications;
Personal and Behavioural Competencies Required:
A Value system that aligns to that of the company which must include:
- Openness and Integrity
- Self Confidence
- Possess the ability to initiate and build professional business relationships
- Ability to spot business opportunities while keeping details and practicalities in mind
- Problem Solving
- Logical thinker who is able to accommodate people’s feeling in the selling process
- Responsive and Action oriented - Time Management, Self-Motivated, Disciplined
- Hard Worker, Methodical and Systemic, Target and Goal oriented
- Quick Learner: ability to grasp fairly complex concepts.