An online Fashion Retailer which offers high-end brands is looking to hire a Junior Graphic Designer to join their team in Woodstock, Cape Town, on a 6 months' fixed duration Internship.
Junior Graphic Design Internship in Western Cape/CapeTown
The Junior Graphic Designer will be involved in the creation and execution of effective design campaigns and will need to manage a number of projects within tight deadlines. The ideal candidate needs to be self-motivated, thrive under pressure, have a keen eye for detail and have the ability to multitask. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow quickly in what is a dynamic and flexible company. It is ideal for a creative and driven individual who is passionate about fashion, brands and web design.
Please ensure that you meet the requirements as indicated below and submit your portfolio upon application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Weekly marketing artwork - there will be an opportunity to work more in Marketing if one show interest;
- Interpret creative briefs and be able to develop suitable concepts;
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure continuity of delivery within agreed time frames;
- Develop, enhance and execute cohesive creative strategy toward the business goals of the Marketing department;
- Respond to requests to formulate and create online marketing, email, and other graphical elements for web and print.
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Proficient in the use of standard design software, i.e. InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop;
- Understanding of web standards, current design trends, and social media content design;
- Be a good, creative thinker and be able to think out the box;
- Have the ability to understand brand identity and translate the brand message accordingly;
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing concepts as applied to the web and print is required;
- Hard worker with excellent attention to detail;
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines and be able to effectively deal with stress;
- Fast learner;
- Must be a team player who is willing to do what it takes for the group to succeed;
- Fast Learner and a problem solver;
- Self-starter with good knowledge of typography
- Graphic Design or related qualification;
- Experience in Web Design will be an added advantage;
- Please remember to include your portfolio with your application.