Our client based in Westlake, Cape Town, is a publishing house that specialises in creating learning media, (both printed and digital) for training providers, colleges and private education centres. The company wishes to appoint an Instructional Designer on a fixed term contract to conceptualise and design online learning materials for several different subjects. The successful incumbent must display subject knowledge in developing Accounting or Financial Management learning material. The incumbent must also have a strong interest in and responsibility towards Education.
Graduate instructional designer job in Western Cape, South Africa
- Conceptualise online learning experiences (including, but not limited to, videos, quizzes and interactions) based on sound instructional theory for promoting the acquisition of knowledge or to assess knowledge.
- Apply instructional design principles to meet learning outcomes.
- Transfer information from academic texts in creative ways to create and scaffold unique online learning experiences.
- Produce written scripts of a high standard that demonstrate an understanding of the client's requirements
- Create storyboards for online learning experiences based on specified academic texts, frameworks and outcomes.
- Copy-edit and review scripts and storyboards.
- Collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders to create multimedia education content.
- Perform quality assurance at key points throughout the workflow.
- Effect changes based on peer and client feedback
- Participate in brainstorms and discussions surrounding processs, projects and proposals.
- Participate in, and contribute to, training sessions and workshops.
- Job for graduates in Western Cape, South Africa instructional design.