Well-established and reputable independent school is starting a standalone online school, and requires qualified high school teachers to develop online course material and teach various subjects, specifically Maths & Science, Accounting and Business Studies, Robotics and Coding.
A well-established and reputable independent school is starting an online school in January 2022. This school will be apart from the current school structure and will thus operate as a standalone business entity.
To ensure this new offering has been thoroughly tested, 2021 has been set as the research and development year and the development team seeks to ensure all processes are ready for the launch. Initially, Grade 8 & 9 syllabus will be used.
Scope of Work
Using the Grade 8 & 9 IEB curriculum, the contractor will be required to develop online course material for the one of the following subjects:
- Natural Sciences
- Economic Management Science
While a certain degree of latitude will be given to allow the contractor to create innovative and unique features within the lesson, the following will be expected per lesson:
• Lesson schedule
• Lesson outline
• Expected outcomes
• Lesson content: video lesson, extract from textbook, practice questions
• Assessment (quiz)
• Tutorial session
• Any other enhancement that can add value to the learning experience
The details regarding which sections of the curriculum will be provided by the school.
Content should be developed around prescribed textbooks where applicable (i.e. the responsibility is not to generate content for use as a textbook).
All content will be subjected to the school’s stringent quality control processes.
The rates relating to the development of content will be based on the quantity of topics delivered.
• A relevant teaching qualification
• Upwards of three years teaching experience at high school level
• Proven ability to develop content for online application
• Ability to develop content in more than one subject will be a distinct advantage