Our client, which focuses on the provision of software solutions for its clients mainly in the agricultural sector, is looking to hire a Customer and Back Office Support Operator, to be based in Cape Town, Western Cape. This is a home-based position.
Our client operates throughout South Africa servicing all the major agricultural areas. They provide software solutions for pest and disease management, harvest management, fuel management as well as time and attendance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- First line customer support - Be the first contact for customer queries, assisting them with using the software, typically via TeamViewer;
- Back office support - Assisting customers with initial setups during take-on, as well as data / configuration corrections;
- Customer take-on - Performing basic setup functions during take-on of new customers, as well as when there are changes to existing setups;
- Functional configuration - Assisting the Product Manager with customisations which are performed through the interface;
- Reporting Line - The incumbent will report to the Product Manager.
- Software development skills or qualification will be highly beneficial, although it is not required as training will be provided;
- It is however essential that the incumbent be proficient in basic office applications, especially Excel;
- As the position involves working with data, it is essential that the incumbent pays attention to detail;
- The incumbent must have a logical approach to tasks and being able to troubleshoot;
- Though previous experience will be beneficial, it is not required as training will be provided;
- The incumbent must have ability to learn fast, and the willingness to learn;
- This is a home based role and the incumbent will be provided with the tools such as a PC and an Internet Connection. The incumbent will need a dedicated home office space;
- Operating hours are 08h00 -17h00. However the incumbent may be required to perform duties outside of office hours from time to time;
- The growth path for this position is to either move into a technical position closer to Developers, or to a commercial role closer to Sales.