Our client, a global market leader in the production of closures for the spirits, wine, water beverages, oil and pharmaceutical industries is looking to hire a Continuous Improvement Officer, to be based at their Paarden Eiland factory in Cape Town, Western Cape. Any Engineering or Operations Management degree or related qualification is required.
Primary Scope and Purpose of the Job
- Collect, capture, compile and analyse manufacturing related data and reports;
- Process mapping of information, data, ERP and shop floor controls;
- Co-ordinate and report on continuous improvement projects at GCSA (waste reduction, efficiency improvement, cost reduction, etc).
- Reporting to the Plant Manager;
- Works closely with all departments on site, and all levels of staff;
- Interacts with the Guala office in Italy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- OEE data and reports;
- Waste, sorting and scrap data and reports;
- OTIF data and reports;
- Syspro manufacturing data;
- Shop floor data template, capturing and reports;
- Quality related data and reports;
- Social KPI data and reports;
- Environmental KPI data and reports;
- Sustainability KPI data and reports;
- Problem solving activities;
- Continuous improvement projects;
- Month end reports;
- Daily and weekly manufacturing reports;
- Conduct and attend meetings;
- Involvement in internal and external audits;
- Filing and storage of data and reports.