A successful motor vehicle parts supplier is looking for a motivated and dynamic Junior Accounting Clerk to join their driven team with operations based in Fourways, Johannesburg.
Seeking an efficient, diligent all-rounder with bookkeeping and administration skills to join the team. Must be able to work independently and without constant supervision. Must be meticulous with details and accuracy. Must love paper and admin!
Supporting the Finance Department and Management team by completing routine administration and accounting tasks.
The successful incumbent will responsible for all relevant accounting and administration duties, including but not limited to debtors and creditors, processing, reconciliations, administration, etc.
- Maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- General administration.
- Human resources, including leave, salary info and contracts.
- Support the Manager Director, Financial Manager and Branch Manager.
- Manage fuel and maintenance reporting monthly.
- Handle requests and queries appropriately.
- Handle office suppliers, stationary, telephone, photocopying, IT etc.
- Ability to prioritise administrative duties, organise and prioritise work in an environment with multiple and varying demands.
- Multi-tasking should come naturally and you should be able to with stand pressure in the working environment.
- Maintaining drivers App.
- Invoicing when necessary.
- Capturing payments.
- Ensuring payments have been captured.
- Handling all account queries / reconciliations.
- Reconciling debtors accounts.
- Collections escalation and credit control Implementation.
- Capturing Purchase orders.
- Capturing GRV’s.
- Handling all account queries / reconciling creditor accounts.
- Cash up.
- Assist Financial Manager where necessary.
Matric with relevant tertiary qualification in a finance related field.
Job Experience & Skills Required:
- Bookkeeping diploma or similar (advantageous).
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in accounting.
- Good Microsoft Office skills, especially word and excel.
- Vision and SAP knowledge will be advantageous.
- Good understanding of accounting principles.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good relationship building skills and a team player.
- Deadline driven.
- A quick study.
- Familiar with office procedures and platforms.
- Mature, reliable and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work with varied personality types.
- Able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Great with time-management, organisation and able to plan and prioritise effectively.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to provide reliable administrative support to Management, team members and maintain a positive team spirit.
- Be able to follow instructions, and structure.
- Speak / write English perfectly.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Must live within a reasonable distance from Fourways.
- Own transport.