A services company, based in Irene, Pretoria is currently expanding and looking to recruit a Junior Accountant/Accounts Assistant to assist the Financial Manager.
The successful candidate must have a good understanding of Quickbooks.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Keep accurate records of all daily transactions;
- Prepare balance sheets;
- Process invoices;
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports;
- Reconcile bank statements;
- Procurement of stock and equipment;
- Participate in financial audits;
- Track bank deposits and payments;
- Keep stock record and depreciation records up to date;
- Familiarise yourself with the business activities of all companies in the Group to, on a very basic level, assist clients with basic queries;
- Adhere to all policies in the Company with regard to processes, version control, and document control;
- Assist the financial manager with all tasks reasonably requested from you;
- Follow all instructions reasonably given to you by any of the directors of the Group;
- Assist in capturing invoices and receipts for Complexes where utility management services are rendered to the clients. (each Complex has a separate QuickBooks account as a separate company, but only monthly utility invoices and receipts from consumers are captured. Not the full accounting function);
- At all times act with due care, diligence, skill, a high level of accuracy and within the timelines implemented by the Group when rendering services to Clients;
- Through all your work and performance promote customer excellence and the reputation of the Group and each company therein.
· Diploma/Degree in Accounting/Bookkeeping
· Minimum four (4) years full-time accounting/bookkeeping experience post-matric (full accounting function not only capturing debtors and/or creditors);
· Experience in using QuickBooks;
· Firm understanding of accounting principles and practice;
· Experience in Auditing recommended;
· Friendly, professional (verbal and written communication skills);
· Strong administrative skills;
· Ability to resolve conflict calmly and politely;
· Accountable and reliable;
· Willing to learn and assist;
· Must be able to follow instructions and direction;
· Willing to work overtime with no compensation of circumstances require the same.